Monday, July 28, 2008

The month of July is almost over.....

It's amazing how quickly this month has gone by. Before we know it we will be shoveling snow. Sorry!! I know, not a good thought....

I took a friend of mine from church to therapy today. Tomorrow she needs to go to a doctors appointment so I need to pick her up at 10:00 for that. She told me to bring a book so I guess the doctor is known to run behind. I guess there's nothing like spending the day at the doctor's office. Yeah, for me!!!

Our VBS starts this evening. Last year I worked in it but this year I'm just going to attend and not work. We usually have a wonderful turnout. Last year our attendance ranged between 260 and 290. One thing I'm not crazy about is it starts at 7pm and doesn't end until 9pm. Too me that is pretty late but I guess that's the way it's always been.

We had a bird to build her nest on one of our bedroom windows. I enjoyed watching the eggs hoping to see them hatch and also watching the babies grow. The momma wasn't happy when she would see me looking out the window but I was able to get a few good pictures of them. The babies flew out of the nest a few days ago so this past weekend Bob and I took the nest down. Here are some pictures:







The birds would just sit for a long time with their mouths wide open waiting for momma to come back and feed them. It was so funny to watch them.

I talked to my dad this morning and he is getting ready to take a trip to VA to see his brothers. All 4 of them don't get together very often so I'm glad they've planned this gathering. I look forward to seeing all of the pictures.

Well, that's about all that is going on up here. Take care and have a good day.




2 comments:

Maria said...

Hope your VBS was a big success. It's hard to believe that summer is in the home stretch. Before we know it, the holidays will be here.

Wanna B Losing said...

Oh the baby birds are too cute!