Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's July already.....

Hi,

Just where has this year gone to....It's amazing how quickly the time is going by. I'm also amazed by the weather we've been having. It rains here at least 3 times a week. My flowers love all the rain but it has brought out the mosquitoes which we can do without. It was really chilly yesterday morning. I was tempted to put on a light jacket. But instead I suffered through the chill bumps and got busy to warm up.

Bob and I won't be able to go to dad's over the 4th of July holiday this week. The General Manager of the plant that Bob works for has moved on to another GM position within the Nucor company and the Controller has retired, so for right now the Managers are running the plant. They've been having some equipment problems which has gotten them very behind in orders so Bob and the other managers got together and decided not to close the plant over the 4th of July holiday as previously scheduled. Since the managers are making the production employees give up their holiday off and work, the managers decided they would work also. I really hate it that Bob and I can't go down to TN this week but we will plan on going down another time. I'm glad Bob and I had already been down there about a month ago over Memorial Day weekend. It makes not being able to go this week a little easier.

I decided to buy a trampoline. I never imagined just how hard it is to jump on one of those things. The first time I got on it I just started jumping and after a couple minutes I could really start feeling the effects. What I have found out is on a trampoline your heart rate goes up really quickly so your supposed to do warm up exercises first and then start jumping slowly and working your way up. Also, you use muscles your never thought about because you have to hold your balance. I think it's going to be fun once I get the hang of it. I went walking yesterday at one of our local cemetery's. I know it sounds odd but there are a lot of people that walk there. It's really interesting to walk around and look at all the monuments. Some of the monuments are as large as a car. This cemetery is centuries old and I think some of the monuments are the same age. Since my foot is feeling better I am enjoying walking again.

That's about all that is going on up here. Take care and have a nice week.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I hate it that you aren't going to be here this week. Hopefully I'll get to see you soon.

M