Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Good Morning to everyone....

Hello,

I hope every one's day is starting out well. I have a situation here that I'm not sure how it's going to work out. We have a huge Ash tree in our backyard that we decided we wanted to have removed and we've been waiting for the rain to stop so the ground would dry out, so anyway it hasn't rained in 2 1/2 weeks so the tree cutting company got here yesterday and started taking down the tree. Then guess what happened....It started raining yesterday evening.....Wouldn't you know it!!!! So I am hoping that the ground was so dry that it just sucked in all the rain so when they get here this morning their able to bring their trucks onto the lawn. Guess we will see when the guys get here.

It was such a beautiful day on Saturday so Bob and I took the motorcycle out for a ride. We ended up riding for about 2 hours. One good thing about this bike is the seat is much more comfortable than the other bike we had. If you rode for a long distance on the other bike you would lose feeling in your backside. Not pleasant at all.... We went to Columbus Saturday evening and had dinner with Terry. Terry is so busy with his classes. Summer semester ends next week so he is getting ready for finals. I believe he has a 2-week break before fall semester begins.

We got to see Bobby, Benita and Robert on Sunday. They came up to Marion to do some school clothes shopping at Steve & Barry's then they came by the house and after a short visit we went out to lunch together. It amazes me how much Robert keeps growing. Every time I see him he is taller. He turns 16 next week. That is so hard to believe....

Joy, thanks for the pictures you took at the reunion. I remember very well the hill to the cemetery. The worse part for me was climbing the bank. Once I got up the bank then climbing the hill to the cemetery wasn't bad. It's really pretty once you get up there.

Melanie, I enjoyed looking at your pictures from Florida. When you went past Jacksonville do you remember seeing a sign for Orange Park? That is where I used to live. We lived about 30 minutes from St. Augustine so we used to go there quite often. There is so much to do there and it's a very beautiful area.

Well, that's about all that is going on up here in Marion. Have a nice day.

1 comment:

Wanna B Losing said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Hope the tree situation is done and over with. I have a doc appt. in the morning. I have to get some med's rechecked.... fun!