Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy, Happy Monday

Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well today. To all you Superbowl fans I hope you were cheering for the NY Giants. What a great game it was!!! Bob and I were glued to our seats clear up to the end. Terry, I know you are happy with the outcome. Don't you wish now you would have placed a bet???? Just kidding.... There were a few good commercials also. If you missed any of the commericals you can go to www.myspace.com/superbowlads and catch any you missed.

My blood work results came back and all is very good. I don't eat the correct foods like I should to control my cholesterol so I'm lucky that the medication I am on keeps my numbers on track. My hair feels so much better since I got it cut last week. Thanks, Joann!! It definitely looks healthier with the dead ends cut off.

We have a town celebrity that makes an appearance once a year and Saturday morning was his moment. Drum roll please..dadadada....
BUCKEYE CHUCK!!!!! He is the official groundhog for the state of Ohio. People come from near and far to see what Buckeye Chuck has to say. We have a local TV station that sets up a stage and the owner of Buckeye Chuck brings him out of his burrow to predict whether or not we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter. Marion feels pretty important on that day because we draw in TV stations from Columbus and other surrounding cities. The citizens that decide to join in the fun are there before sunrise and once Chuck makes his prediction then they serve coffee, tea and Spam sandwiches. Yes, I did say SPAM sandwiches!!!! Not sure of the reason for that but I guess it's been a tradition for years. I'm not a Spam lover so I think I would have to pass on that part. But anyway, Chuck predicted we are going to have a early spring but his competition Penxsutawny Phil said we are going to have 6-weeks of bad weather. So I guess we will have to see who ends up being correct.

Bob and I went to a Ducks Unlimited dinner Saturday evening. There are a lot of duck hunters out there. The place was packed. The meal was very good and they had a silent and live auction. You could also buy tickets for different raffled items. We didn't bid on any of the auctioned items but we did buy a few raffle tickets. Bob won a shirt and hat. We got a set of Ducks Unlimited coffee cups and on each table was a centerpiece with a duck decoy on it and I won that. It was a nice way to spend a Saturday evening.

Well, that's about all the happenings up here. I hope everyone has a nice week. Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have to say I like the squirrel commercial the best. Cute little critter.... glad the car had some good tires! Ha Ha! I am hoping for an early Spring myself!!! I dislike cold!

JOY said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND! I AM GLAD. I FEEL SORRY FOR THE GROUND HOGS. THEY ARE TAKEN OUT OF THEIR WARM HOMES BY US PEOPLE SO THEY CAN GIVE THE WRONG PREDICTION (LOL smile) IN A FEW MORE DAYS WE WILL BE AT DAD'S. SEE YOU THERE!