Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's cold....Brrrrrrrr

Hello,
I hope everyone is doing fine. We are pretty cold up here. This morning the windchill was 6 below zero. The wind was blowing at speeds from 20 to gust of 60 mph. During the night last night it sounded at times like the whole house was going to fall apart. They did predict 1 - 2 inches of snow but we didn't get any at all.

I had to go this morning to get my blood drawn for my cholesterol check. My doctor has me to get it checked every 6 months. So far my numbers are usually pretty good and I'm sure the medication I'm on has a lot to do with that. My doctor hasn't called me yet with today's results. I should hear from her tomorrow.

I'm so excited about getting my hair cut tomorrow. It's been several months since I've had it cut and it's way too long. I'm too scared to get it cut short so usually I don't go above my shoulders but I do like having layers because it makes my hair appear thicker and have more body. To my horror, a few gray hairs have started appearing.... of course each one is named either Bob or Terry!!! But one thing I think is so funny is Bob has more gray hair than I do and he is younger than me....hahahahahaha!!!

That's about all that is happening up here. Take care and I will update again soon.

3 comments:

JOY said...

IT HAS BEEN COLD HERE TOO! I KNOW YOU ARE VERY HAPPY TO HAVE YOUR HUBBY HOME WITH YOU. YOU ARE GETTING YOUR HAIR CUT??? NOT ME. MY HAIR IS VERY THINK AND FINE BUT I WANT MINE TO STAY LONG. IT IS NOW NEAR THE TOP OF MY HIPS. I WILL SEE YOU IN A COUPLE WEEKS.YIPPEE!

Anonymous said...

Gray hair! I am younger than you and I have plenty I would be glad to give some of mine as well! Ha Ha!!! It is soooo COLD!!!

Maria said...

How funny......Bob and Terry. Isn't is funny how on men gray hairs are considered distinguished and on women it is a no no. I hope that your blood results are good. I'm feeling better.....thanks for your comment. I'm really enjoying Double Cross by Patterson. I hope you are too. I would also recommend Cat and Mouse by him. Actually all of his Alex Cross novels. His others are good by Mike and I like the Alex Cross books the best hands down. I heard you all are coming down in Feb. Can't wait to see you!!!