Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good Morning

Hi,

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day holiday. We had really nice weather up here. Some rain would be nice though. The weatherman said this morning that it "may" rain next Sunday. We haven't had recordable rain since the end of July. We've been watering my fragile flowers and plants but the other ones are having to suffer through. Hopefully, rain will come soon.

Ok, back to the holiday weekend. Bob turned 46 on Saturday. Happy Birthday!! I've been looking for a small antique desk to put in our spare bedroom and finally on Friday I found it. I walked into the Salvation Army store and there it was. It is absolutely beautiful and it only cost me $90.00. I also went to Sears and bought us a treadmill. So, on Sunday Terry came up for Bob's birthday and he helped us carry the desk into the bedroom and he helped take the treadmill downstairs. WHEW!! What a job that was...Bob also bought a duck/fishing boat and with Terry's help we got the blind set up. Now Bob and Terry are ready to go duck hunting. Below are some pictures of the boat.




We got a great deal on the boat. The boat is 18 ft. long. It came with a Trolley motor and also a 40 hp motor. The trailer and duck blind was also included. Everything is in camouflage. Bob was able to get a blind spot at Delaware Lake so he and Terry are ready for the season to begin. Better look out ducks!!! Bob and Terry are coming after you....
Bob went Dove hunting yesterday morning. He came home with 4 Doves. They are so little. It takes like a dozen just to make a meal for a couple people. I've never had Dove but I've heard the best way to cook it is to wrap the meat in bacon first. Maybe one of these days I will give it a try.
Terry moved into his new apartment on Saturday. Once I get his new address I will post it on here. He wants to get everything set up before we go and see it. It has 2 bedrooms, 2-full baths and 1 half bath. It's two story with the bedrooms and 2 full baths upstairs and the half bath, living room, kitchen and dining room on the main floor. He said it also has a fireplace and a garage. Sounds really nice.
That's about all that is happening up here in Buckeye land. Oh! I almost forgot. The Buckeye's won on Saturday...GO BUCKS!!! Bob is so happy football season has started and our cable service has added the Big Ten Network which will make possible for Bob to see every OSU game. It's a good thing I also enjoy football since that's all that will be on our TV for the next several months.
Have a nice day.



1 comment:

Wanna B Losing said...

Sounds like they are ready to kill some ducks! What did you do with the dove meat? Oh poor poor doves!!! I am not a football fan never have been, but I do enjoy watching a good basketball game.