Friday, September 12, 2008

What a week I've had.....

Whew...This has been some week. I'm sure some of you have heard about my current health problems. Well, this is what's been happening. About a week ago I started having a dull, annoying pain in my upper chest area so the first thing I did was take my blood pressure and it was elevated. I called my doctors office and I was able to go right in. When I got there my blood pressure was still high so they did a EKG which turned out fine. My doctor put me on Diovan and scheduled me for a Echo cardiogram and a Stress test.

This past Wednesday evening after I got home from church I started feeling bad and nauseated so I took my blood pressure and it was high so I told Bob I wanted to go to the Emergency room. When we got there they did a EKG, chest X-ray, blood work including a CBC and all of these test turned out fine. My blood pressure was still elevated so they admitted me into the hospital. The next morning they did a Echo cardiogram and it was so amazing to see my heart and watching it pump. My doctor came in later that morning and said I could go home, which I was glad of, and for me to go for my stress test and she would see me in her office next week.

So, today I had my stress test. They said my goal was to get my heart rate up to 141, which I did. I walk on a treadmill at home so I think doing that made taking the stress test a little easier. I made it through the test fine. After they completed the stress test I was injected with radionnclide and then I had to go eat something with fat in it and then go back and have images of my heart taken. I go back on Monday and they will again inject me with the radionnclide product and repeat the heart images. On Tuesday, when I see my doctor I hope she has the results back on the Echo cardiogram. I'm not sure if she will have the results by then on the Stress Test.

One thing that we think may be causing the pain in my upper chest is on Labor Day I moved some furniture on my own. Bob was out hunting and I was too impatient to wait on him to get home so I went ahead and did it myself. The pain started two days after I moved the furniture. I can rub the area where the pain is and take Tylenol and it feels better. So, my doctor doesn't think the pain is associated with my heart but I guess you never know. As far as my blood pressure I'm not sure what is causing it to spike. Hopefully, these test will reveal that.

Once I find out what is going on I will be sure to let everyone know. Thanks so much for all of your concern and prayers. Take care.

3 comments:

Wanna B Losing said...

Well my goodness! If I had read your blog before I called you I would have known what was going on. Sure hope it is nothing serious! You'll be in my prayers!

Maria said...

I didn't know that you were having these problems...sorry. I hope that everything will be okay and if there is a problem, they can correct it. I'll be praying for you.

Love ,
Maria

JOY said...

YOU ARE ON MY MIND AND HEART!
LOVE YOU
JOY