Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm tired!!!!!

Hi,
I have spent the morning pulling weeds and fighting bees... What a combination, huh!!! The temperature has been in the low 90's so I decided to get out real early this morning and take care of the weeds around my plants and also do some trimming of a few bushes. I have one bush that blooms beautiful purple flowers but once the flowers are spent your supposed to cut them off and new ones will come out. Well, as you have probably guessed the bees also love the blooms. I usually go ahead and trim when the honey bee's are there, I just try to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get too close to me but when the bumble bee showed up I decided he could have the whole bush if he wanted it. I'm definitely not stupid!!!! I'll wait until this evening when the bees go to bed to finish, I guess.

Bobby, Benita, Bob and I went to the Destroyers football game Saturday evening. It was nice visiting with them and also going by their house and seeing all the changes they have made to their landscaping. The Wisteria smells so good and the blooms are just beautiful. When they get everything completed it's going to look great.

Bob's allergies are really bothering him. He sniffed, sneezed and felt bad most of the day yesterday. He decided to stay home from work today. Hopefully he will feel better by tomorrow.

That's about all that is going on up here. Take care.

3 comments:

Wanna B Losing said...

So you like to play with the bees.... LOL! I don't blame ya I would have let them do their thing til tonight too!

JOY said...

hey sweetie, glad you are enjoying your flowers and other plants. I know you did not have very many in Arkansas. You will sleep good tonight.

Maria said...

I don't blame you about the bees. Eek. The flowers sound absolutely beautiful. I hope Bob is feeling better. I can sympathize with him.
I emailed you Dad about which day he thought would be good to have a get together at my house in July. I'll let you know.
Tell Terry congratulation!!! That is so great.
Love you.