Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Afternoon......

Hi,

How is everyone doing? Well, it's the start of another week already. Bob got home safely last Thursday afternoon. After I picked him up at the airport we went by a Health Food Store in Columbus to see if we could find some low sodium soups. We found 3 different ones that only have 140 mg of sodium per serving. I didn't think they would taste very good but surprisingly they are wonderful. They are so good that I came close to licking the bowl. Maybe it's just the excitement of being able to eat soup again... Since we don't have a health food store in our area it looks like we will be making a trip to Columbus every couple weeks or so to stock up on soup and a few others things we bought.

I've been having problems with the ball of my right foot for the last 6-weeks or so. It feels like it's bruised and it's painful when I walk. I hate to go to the doctor so I usually put it off until I have to go. Well, I thought since it's been going on for this long and it's not any better I guess I had better have it checked out. So I made an appointment with a Podiatrist for this morning. I was worried he would tell me I have a cyst but it turns out he thinks I have Intermetatarsal Neuroma. What is that you ask? Well, in layman terms it's a swollen nerve. They don't know what causes it but they do have a medication that seems to help. If it happens not to work then he said the next step is to inject steroids in the area. If that doesn't work then the only other option is to do surgery. He said he thought the meds would take care of mine and I'm to take the meds for 30 days. He said by that time it should be fine. I hope so, I guess we will see.

That's about all that is going on up here. Take care and I will update again soon.

1 comment:

Wanna B Losing said...

I had the same thing happen to me and mine was called planterficitis... basically infection of the heal.... had to wear shoes all the time and do feet exercises. Soak foot in a tub of water too.