Monday, March 16, 2009

Good to be home....

Hi,
I hope everyone is well. Just a reminder, be sure and wear green tomorrow. We don't want anyone to be pinched...I'm good about telling everyone else to wear green but I always forget. Not sure why that is, but I am prepared this year. I went out today and bought a green T-shirt and it's laying out in the open so I won't forget to wear it tomorrow. Pretty smart of me, huh!!!!

Bobby and I had a great time visiting dad. We drove down on Wednesday and then on Thursday we took the Incline up to the top of Lookout Mountain and toured the battlefield. Below are some pictures of Bobby and I and also a picture of the beautiful view from the top. It was so cold on top of the mountain. The whole time we were at dad's it didn't get above 45 degrees.


Thursday evening we went to Johnny & Chris's for dinner. Of course, the food was great. On Friday we worked on projects around the house then Friday evening we went out to dinner with Mike & Maria at the Olive Garden. Don't you just love the all you can eat Salad and Bread sticks?YUM!! We headed home on Saturday morning and unfortunately we started having problems with my SUV and we broke down about 10 miles south of Columbus. I called Bob and he came and picked us up and we had the SUV towed to Marion. I'm not sure yet what happened to the SUV but the garage is working on it now.
Bob was in Memphis, TN all last week and while he was there he went up to Blytheville to visit the plant where he used to work and he also went by the house we sold. Below are some pictures of what the house looks like now. The current owners have changed it a lot. There used to be a Pine tree on the left of the sidewalk and a huge Maple tree to the right of the sidewalk but the current owners had both trees removed. I think the yard looks really bare now and in the other picture where you see the flowers planted with the decorative stone around it, used to be a long line of Holly bushes. The bushes were huge and very pretty so I am surprised they took them all out. Other than that, Bob said the outside of the house looked the same.

I just got a e-mail from one of my classmates in high school that it's time for our 30-year class reunion. Where has all the time gone. I still can't believe I've been out of school for 30 years. WOW!!! I feel really old now...They are having the reunion 4th of July weekend. Their going to have a dinner on Friday and a picnic on Saturday. It's only $20.00 per person to attend both. Not a bad price, I guess.
Well, that's about all that is going on. Take care and have a nice day.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I am glad you all had a good time. I love the Olive Garden. I know what you mean about being out of school... it will be 20 yrs for me! OUCH!! Take care!