Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Election Day.....

Today is the day we've all been waiting for....Have you voted yet? Bob and I are going to go this evening when he gets off from work. I can't wait for all of this to be over. I am so sick of the TV commercials, phone calls, fliers in the mail and seeing the signs everywhere. I just hope and pray that our new president does a good job and the state our country's in begins to look better.


I decided to join our local "Y." A friend of mine works there and she took me for a tour last week and by the end of the tour she had me convinced to join. There's a fabulous walking track on the second floor so I plan on taking advantage of that and also they have water aerobics and water exercise classes that I want to participate in. I ordered a bathing suit off of the Internet but I really dread putting it on. It's not going to be a pretty sight!!!

We met up with Bobby, Benita, Terry, Jason, Colton and Eli for dinner Saturday evening. We went to J. Alexander's in Columbus. The food was so good, especially the steaks... YUM!!! We all pretty much waddled out of the restaurant. We were good though and didn't order dessert. But we probably ate enough calories for a couple days worth of meals.

Joy had her surgery yesterday and I'm glad all went well. I believe she is coming home on Wednesday. I talked to Kathy yesterday evening and they are fine. She loves her new house. I told her she needed to send us some pictures.

Bob and I put up my Christmas village the last weekend of October. It takes us 3 days to get it up. I now have 62 buildings, and a bunch of elves figurines. I will take a picture and post it on here so you all can see it.

We've been having our fall craft shows. So far I've gone to a couple of them. I just love looking around and seeing how creative some people are. There's 4 more this month and I believe there's one in December. When I was leaving the one I went to on Sunday there was a booth selling Kettle Corn....Oh, how I love that stuff. Anyway, I had to buy a bag, of course. So good!!!

Well, I am off to the "Y." Everyone have a good day. Be sure to vote!!! Take care.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm glad Joy did well. We talked to Kathy last week and she promised pictures. If I get some before you post, I'll forward them to you. We have a J Alexander's here and they do have really good food.

Tina said...

I voted! Glad you all had a good time out! Wish I lived closer to ya!