Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patricks Day

Good Morning,

Did you remember to wear green today? Of course, I say that because I forgot. It wasn't until I got to Wal-mart and everyone had green on that it hit me what today is. Then I get in the truck and what's playing on the radio but Danny Boy!!!! Yep, it's definitely St. Patricks Day!!!

Sorry, I haven't updated in a while. We are finally getting uncovered from all the snow we got. The final total we heard was 14 inches for us and 20 inches for Columbus. We still have some snow in places where snow was shoveled into piles but that's about it. Now we are getting rain. Do you know how much we DON'T need rain. My yard looks like it has a couple lakes in it now. Oh well, I know I shouldn't complain. It will all dry up eventually and then we will be begging for rain. I guess we are never happy are we?

We went to our season opener of the Columbus Destroyers Saturday evening. We absolutely love our new seats. Having the table and being able to eat at the table and watch the game is great. I will try to take some pictures so you all can see what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, our team lost but it is early in the season.

What Easter plans do you all have? Bob, Terry and I are going to Bobby and Benita's for Easter dinner. I am really looking forward to visiting with them. I can't believe it's almost Easter already. This year is going by way too fast. We have a candy making factory here in Marion so I went there this morning to get candy for Bob and Terry's Easter basket. They have a great selection. I could feel myself gaining weight just by looking at all the chocolate. I did splurge and buy for myself a chocolate covered caramel. Oh, how I love those and it was so good!!! YUM....

Speaking of candy, guess what I am going to be making this week? Homemade suckers.... Why am I making homemade suckers you ask. Well, my church participates in a food program called Angel Food Ministries. Anyone in the community can purchase boxes of food for a low price and the distribution is done at my church the last Saturday of each month. Back in August of last year myself and another woman at church started making little care packages that they pass out to the people when they come to pick up their boxes of food. We either do little baggies of homemade or store bought cookies or bags of candy. In each bag we also put a card which has our church phone number and times of service. For this month we decided to make bouquets of suckers. So, we came up with a recipe to make the homemade suckers which surprisingly are very good. We plan on putting a ribbon around the suckers and punch a hole in the card and attach it to the ribbon. We usually have around 160 to 200 people so we have a lot of suckers to make.

Well, that's about all that is going on up here. Take care and I will update again soon. Love to all of you.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I hope that you have a good time at Bobby and Benita's this Sunday. Give them a hug for me.
I saw the pictures of all the snow you got. I was so jealous. I know that digging out was a hassle but it sure was pretty.
That is so neat about the homemade suckers. Are they hard to make?
Take care and I'll talk to you soon. Love you!!!!