Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter, eagles, fish and trails.....

Hello,
I hope everyone is having a nice week.  We are tired from our trip to dad's but other than that we are fine.  I will share with you our visit with dad in a moment but first I wanted to update you on our Easter weekend.  Bobby & Benita invited us to their house on Saturday for Easter dinner.  Terry was able to be there along with Benita's three son's and her three grandkids.  Benita fixed a wonderful dinner, everything was great.  Oh, almost forgot....Bobby did a great job on the ham.  So good!!!!  Here is a picture of Bobby's house and also Buckeye Lake.

Bobby's house

Terry, Colton and Jason on front porch

 
 Buckeye Lake

On the way home I spotted this cloud formation that looks like an Eagle.  So cool...




On Monday we headed to Tennessee to visit with dad.  Tina, Brian and the boys also came down.  It was great to visit with Tina and her family.  It's been a little over three years since I've seen Tina.  On Tuesday, dad took us to the IMAX theatre and we also walked around Chattanooga then we went to the cemetary and visited with Johnny & Chris for a few minutes.  The boys couldn't wait to get back to the lake to do some fishing.  Here's a picture of a couple fish that Zack & Logan caught.



They both caught several fish during the time they were there.  These are the only one's I took a picture of because I had to go down to the dock and of course when you go down to the dock you have to come back up!!!!  I know everyone understands what I'm talking about...I think Logan would have lived at the dock if he could.  Every day he was fishing until after dark. 

Dad took Brian, Logan, Zack and myself on a hike through the Cumberland Trail.  We hiked for about 3 1/2 miles.  It was a beautiful day and the scenery was gorgeous. 

Entrance to the trail

Beautiful

Dad & Brian coming up one of the many inclines

Such a good picture!

What a rock formation!

Logan

Pretty waterfall

Taken from the bridge

Zack

Do you see Zack on the rock?

Logan took this picture of me.  He kept telling me to back up.  I am about 1 inch from the edge of the bolder and it's a long way down!!!

Isaiah loves having his picture taken.  Here's a couple cute one's of him.

 
Such a "ham"



 
Isaiah and Dad

Bob and I are going to a Home Show this weekend that is held here in Marion.  Of course it's a lot smaller scale than the one in Columbus but it's still nice.  I hope everyone has a nice weekend.  Take care.


4 comments:

Tina said...

We had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

Teresa said...

Your welcome!

JOY said...

You did a wonderful job taking the pics. I am so glad all of you were together. It is great to get to know your great nephews and nephew-in-law. Sorry I did not post earlier. I have been having some depression issues. I wish I could have been there too.

JOY said...

I meant to mention that Bobby's house is very pretty. I hope he and Benita are happy with it and the location. Charley and I would like to have a place near a lake someday.