Monday, February 22, 2010

A wet day

The snow is melting and it's raining so right now were having a wet, slushy, yucky day....We have a lot of snow that needs to melt and our sump pump in the basement is really getting a workout.  Did I mention how thankful I am that we have a sump pump in the basement?  We actually have 2 sump pumps.  The main one and a backup.  We got the backup pump when Bobby told me about his basement flooding and also when Terry had his basement to flood in the apartment he was renting in Columbus. What a huge mess that was!!

We took Terry out to dinner for his birthday this past weekend.  His birthday is actually this coming Wednesday but we celebrated it on Saturday.  Since it's a milestone birthday for him (he's turning 30) we got him a new recliner.  I have to say it's quite comfortable.  It's a Lazy-Boy, so he should get many, many years of enjoyment from it.   He was quite pleased.  We ate at Carrabas Italian Restaurant.  It's hard to even explain how good that place is.  Just, if you ever get a chance to go, DO!!!!  You will love it.  It can be a little pricey but it's worth it.   

I have diet group this evening.  We weren't able to meet last week because of the weather so I'm hoping everyone has a good loss this week.  Tonight is my cheat night so we are having homemade lasagna along with garlic bread and a salad for dinner when I get home from my meeting.  Tomorrow at the gym I am starting a new class.  It's a cardio class.  I talked to the instructor a couple days ago and she has a lot planned for us.  I'm hoping to survive the class but we will see.  Maybe we should have t-shirts made saying we survived it.  I heard this instructor is a slave driver....How in the world do I let myself get talked into these things!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yes it is wet and muddy here! Hope Terry had a great birthday! It sounds good!

JOY said...

I heard that cardio classes do a great job of toning the body. There is no way i can do that without passing out, lol :) It has been very muddy here but at the moment it is hidden with a light covering of snow.