Friday, June 26, 2009

Goodbye, Michael


I know everyone is probably aware by now of the passing of Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon and Michael Jackson. The death of Farrah and Ed were not a surprise as we all know both of them have been battling cancer and other ailments. But the news of Michael Jackson's death is a huge shock.

I grew up with Michael Jackson. When I was a young teenager I had such a crush on him. He was a fabulous singer and dancer. Even though he was known to be a "little weird" and "strange" I always enjoyed watching him dance and listen to his songs. Whenever I hear one of his songs I always want to dance. His music has such a wonderful beat to it. He did have a rough childhood and it was hard not to feel sorry for him.

Even though charges were brought against him for sexual abuse of a minor I always hoped that he didn't do it. We know he was never convicted and he suffered a lot during that time. Michael was so young, only being 50 when he died. Of course, the story circulating now is that he died because of a drug overdose. We won't know if that is true for a few weeks but why do people let drugs take over their lives? Look at Elvis, Anna Nicole Smith, Keith Ledger, and many others...So sad!!!

Michael also leaves 3 children. What a challenge it will be for them to go on without their dad. Michael Jackson will still live on through his music. He will be missed by many.....

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yes, it is sad!!!! Drugs are distroying lots of people. I had a crush on Michael too! LOL

JOY said...

I grew up with Michael. Enjoyed most of his songs. Some of his dance moves were offensive but, I did enjoy his music. He was so good looking until his last surgery. Had beautiful smile with pretty teeth too. It is sad this happened before his "final" tour.